colakku7 / ASSIGNMENT / Assignment # 2 18 July 2010
Assignment # 2 18 July 2010
1. According to the passage, when was carbon dioxide released to the atmosphere in great amount?
Ever since the Industrial Revolution
2. From what sources did carbon dioxide come from?
From factories and automobiles
3. How is carbon dioxide similar to a glass roof of a greenhouse?
Like the glass roof of a greenhouse, carbon dioxide lets heat from the sun pass through to the earth while preventing much of it from radiating back away from theplanet..
4. What could happen to the world in the future, according to some scientists who are not happy with global warming?
Temperature will rise and polar ice will melt and it could flood the world. In addition, many plant and animal species will be extinct. .
5. What do other scientists do the role of carbon dioxide, temperature changes, and rain forests?
The fall and rise of temperatures is part of nature. Also, carbon dioxide is good in that it helps plant grow better..
6. Why is the world’s biodiversity, or the loss of it, important?
The world’s biodiversity is important because it provides us with food, medicine, and natural beauty.
7. Why is the extinction of species different from other environmental problems?
Some environmental problems can be solved, but the extinction of species cannot. Once some species are gone, they are gone forever..
8. How are the environmental problems ethical problems?
Environmental problems caused by us today can have impact on generations of people in the future. Environmental problems are ethical problems in the sense that what we do affect other people’s lives..